Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Seriously!

So seriously. I just cleaned up the second "poop explosion" of the day. The first one was with Betty (the 3 year old) about an hour ago when she came to me with something in her hand...which turned out to be...you guessed it! So it was off to the tub and a fresh set of clothes. I headed to the washer to add the offending outfit only to find the clothes that I had run through the washer two days ago and forgot about - so I had to run that load again to get rid of that "been in the washer 2 days smell." Then I got Betty down for a nap and raced to lay down myself for a couple of minutes (since I was up 5 times with the baby last night) only to be rudely awakened only 3 minutes into my respite by said baby once again.

So, back to my original point. i got the baby out of bed and into the swing to try and get to the dishes that were now spewing out of the sink and onto the counter, when I realized the baby needed to be changed. So, onto the floor she went - only to discover that I was too late and her little package was all the way up the back of her onesie. Of course I didn't notice this until I had stripped off her clothes so now the carpet is covered in the preciousness too. Off for bath number 2. (I want it noted that there is not a chance that I myself will get a bath today...)

It occurs to me that I have had a child in diapers for 8 years. i usually don't think about it until days like today where it seems to dominate my life.

Some days I really struggle with being at home with my kids. I am really no good at the housekeeping stuff... and I absolutely hate to do it. When we decided that I was going to stay home with the kids - I never really thought about the fact that I was signing up for full time house-cleaner and laundress. I envisioned lovely play time with my children and leisurely walks around the neighborhood. In no way, shape, or form did I think I was going to spend my day scrubbing poo out of the carpet.

But such is life. And I realize that this is my season. And I should embrace it and do it with excellence and grace.... oh whatever. I'm going to avoid it and blog instead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great!...I ALREADY have so much in common with these blog entries! I, too, have dealt with what we refer to as a "PE" today - as well as some extra diaper duty due to too much ice cream I passed out last night (and being pregnant makes the smell a little harder to take). You are a much better woman than I, though, that you actually tend to the "been in the washer 2 days smell". I find that our pet spray works wonders on any kind of carpet soilage! Just keep telling yourself...55-degrees on Friday!!! Love, Julie