Monday, May 3, 2010
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
Good morning friends! Wanted to pass along the information for Leslie's fundraiser.
It's being held at Grizzly's Grill 'N Saloon, 15020 Glazier Avenue, Apple Valley, on the morning of Saturday, September 26th from 8:00 to 10:30 am (last seating at 10:00). The cost is $6.00 per ticket. Tickets are available for purchase at the reception desk of Apple Valley Ford Lincoln Mercury from Wednesday, September 16th through Wednesday, September 23rd. Tickets may also be reserved for purchase at the door by emailing
firstname.lastname@example.org with your requested quantity. Checks can be made payable to the "Leslie McLain Donation Fund".
Grizzly's will donate the food and beverages and Thrivent Financial for Lutherans® will be matching the proceeds for this event (up to $3,200). A special thank you to both for their generosity.
On behalf of the people planning the benefit, thank you for your time.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Ok, ok. Don't fall off your chairs or anything. I have been on a bit of a blogging "hiatus." I guess that would be quite an understatement, since my last post was from February. Oh well, such is life. And today is a new day and I'm ready to get rolling again.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
2. In 1st grade there was a Kirsten (that's me) a Kristen and a Kyrsten, I think my teacher went nuts trying to keep all us blonds straight.
3. I met my hubby Cy in the early 90's when I was in high school and he was done with college, we married in 2000 and have 2 beautiful kids.
4. I've appeared on channel 5, 9 and 11 and have been featured in both the Star Tribune and St. Paul Pioneer Press for various, but very special segments.
5. I want a tattoo, but will probably never get one.
6. I DESPISE snakes, toy or real and freeze up at the thought of an encounter with one, toy or real, one day on accident.
7. I make goals for myself according to my age, so this year I have 34 things I'd like to try and do.
8. I've been to Guatemala and Mexico on missions trips.
9. The next missions trip I would like to take is to Africa.
10. I want to go skydiving this summer
11. I love to make cards for any and every occasion, I don't htink I've bought a card in 4 or 5 years.
12. The longest I've been all by myself on a trip is 36 hours.
13. I was born on Friday the 13th!
14 I love entering amature cooking contests.
15. I am comfortable when flip my pinky toe over the next biggest toe...I sit like that when I'm working, watching movies, driving the car (yes, I can do it in my shoes if I try) ect...my husband tries to undo my toe, but I just flip it right back, it drives him NUTS!
16. My paperwork is organized chaos, I never loose anything and can tell you which pile something is in.
17. I wanted to be a professional ice skater when I was younger.
18. If I wasn't married with kids I think I would go into the world of entertainment - tv or radio something fun.
19. I was a teacher for 3 years and had the same class 2 of the 3 years. The second time around my students really knew me, so my whole "play strict the first few weeks to lay down the law in the classroom" bit didn't work...even on the new students.
20. I lived in the same house for 32 years, we live 2 miles from it and my mom still lives there so it's fun to see my kids run around that yard now.
21. I love playing card games - Hearts and Nuts are my favorite, but we just learned a new one called 5 Crowns.
22. My favorite smell is a roast in the crock pot - reminds me of coming home after church growing up to a roast dinner.
23. I was a pastor's kid growing up, everyone knew me so when I wandered in the kitchen while the church ladies were preparing food for a wedding no one gave me a second thought...until I took a large swipe out of the front of the wedding cake...the brides mom wasn't too happy, the frosting was a special cream color and couldn't be matched before the reception....come on I was 4 or 5 years old, what kid that age wouldn't have done the same thing.
24. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Indian food, probably because when we adopted my brother (he was 2 months old) we attended a lot of Indian events and were usually the only white people there, but it was such a wonderful experience....oh that smell, I remember it like it was yesterday.
25. I LOVE MY HEAVENLY FATHER WITH ALL MY HEART AND AM SO GRATEFUL TO KNOW HIM AND TO HAVE BEEN SAVED BY HIM.