Thursday, April 17, 2008

For me...and them.

I've been chewing on this verse for a couple of days:

Isaiah 44:3 - For I will give you abundant water to quench your thirst and to moisten your parched fields.  And I will pour out my Spirit and my blessings on your children.  They will thrive like watered grass, like willow on the riverbank.

When I first read it, I was thinking of how wonderful it was that God has promised that when I am dry and worn out and completely empty - that he will abundantly fill me up.  I need that kind of encouragement.  Strength when I'm exhausted.  Courage when I think I've reached my limit.  And hope when I'm overwhelmed.

But what stuck in my mind, was that not only does God speak to MY need - he takes it a step further and promises His Spirit and blessings on my children as well.  He tells me that they are going to thrive!  What a great thought - that my children will be strong and grounded and close to God.

This is one of those verses that makes me feel like God really "gets" me.  He speaks to my weakness - and then he addresses the very thing that causes me the most worry, apprehension, and quite honestly, EXHAUSTION!

It's like he's saying, "Kristie, you just keep on giving to those babes... cause I am always going to fill you up.  Oh, and by the way, I'm taking care of them too.  They aren't just going to make it... they're going to thrive - full of my Spirit and blessed."  There's nothing more I want than that!

Love it.

1 comment:

Nancy Holte said...

You have always been such an encouragment in my life and you are once again as I read this tonight. Thanks, Kristie. Love you!