Saturday, September 13, 2008

Top 10 Reasons You Should Be At Moms Group

  1. Support:  Being a mom is hard stuff!  There are so many times that I am discouraged, frustrated, TIRED, or just needing to talk and the women at Moms Group always rally around me and cheer me on.  No matter how befrazzled I am when I walk in the door... I always leave refreshed and encouraged.  
  2. Kids:  Our kids always have a fantastic time in their classes!  They make friends and our sweet workers love to make our time together fun and full of learning too!
  3. Food:  Our moms have been known to lay out a spread that will make anyone's day better.  My favorites...chocolate cake.  For breakfast...mmmmmmmm.
  4. Fun:  We do love to laugh at Moms Group!
  5. Prayer:  It's so wonderful to know that you can share what's going on in your life with the ladies in your group, and know that they will be praying for you all during the week!  
  6. Adult Conversation:  Many days my conversation is filled with words like "big girl underwear" and "kirby squeak squad" [which is a video game, by the way]  Sometimes it's just nice to talk about something other than assignment notebooks and Hannah Montana.  "Big girl conversation" if you will...
  7. New Friends:  Who couldn't use a friend?  
  8. Learning:  We spend time every week studying a topic to make us better wives, mothers, and people in general.  No outside prep required... just come, listen, and discuss!
  9. Encourage Someone Else:  There's nothing better than being able to put your arm around someone's shoulder and say, "I've made it through that, and you can too."  There is a woman at Moms Group who is going to need encouragement... and you can be the one who gives it.
  10. Why Not?  It's easy to make excuses why you can't be there.  Kids nap schedule.  You don't know anyone.  It's too hard to get out the door (this is my excuse of choice lately!)  But...why not give it a try?  Maybe you'll meet one person who will become an amazing friend to you.  Maybe you'll hear something that will help your marriage become stronger.  Maybe that hug or smile from a friend will make your day.  What have you got to lose?

1 comment:

Mom of Two said...

We went to RVC in Faribault for the 1st time today and picked up a card with this blog address on it. Can you tell me more about what happens during the hour and a half we are at Moms Group. My daughter & I are planning to attend Moms Group in Faribault on Wednesday.